– This place smells good! Spacious rooms and facilities – large pool and fully equipped gym. Premium F & B outlets, all of unique design and excellent food. Lemon Garden is amongst the best buffets in town. Noteworthy for their efforts in corporate social responsibility – one of the few 5 star hotels in Asia who has made a stand against shark’s fin soup and is actively involved in environment protection projects. Centrally located – within walking distance to KLCC, LRT and monorail stations.
– Newly refurbished but maintaining old style charm with excellent F & B outlets. You’ll find the finest desserts in town here – think cheesecake, macarons, hand made chocolates. Located adjacent to the Petrona’s Twin Towers you can’t get any more central. Beautiful facilities – sizable gym and the pool offers spectacular views of the towers and lush KLCC park.
– The Westin is known for friendly service. Features classy modern rooms and the Heavenly Bed. F & B outlets have been a little inconsistent recently but still good options for eating and right across the road is Pavilion – a shoppers and eater’s paradise. Pool area is stylish and the gym is fitted with state of the art Technogym equipment.
– Sheraton has large rooms and also exemplary service. It’s a little out of the central strip but Heritage Row right next door offers some dodgy night life for nocturnal creatures. Only a five minute taxi ride or 20 min walk to the city centre. Their street level bar has a good value happy hour. Pool and gym facilities are top notch.
– Located at KL Sentral – it’s a great location for business travel as you’re connected directly to Kuala Lumpur International Airport via the express train getting you door to door in less than 30 minutes. Closer to Bangsar and Mid Valley but connected to the city via the monorail and LRT. Quality of materials used to fit the rooms is not quite 5 star so some wear and tear signs are starting to appear. Still a fine hotel though for the price range. Sharing facilities with the Hilton, you could happily spend hours at the pool and gym level enjoying views of the city and Lake Gardens. Also houses the well known Prime Steak Restaurant – a carnivore’s heaven.
And some picks from other expats….
The Royal Chulan – My all time favorite is the Royal Chulan.. but booking the Deluxe room poolside is a must. Great breakfast. Great room. Walking distance to Pavillon. They do have a nice spa… but the most important thing is to get that room so you can walk right out and be at the pool. Fantastic hotel pool as it is large, gets sun so it’s warm, nice lounge chairs and towels, you can get food poolside, etc.
Renaissance – Lovely pool area and central location. Just across the road are both monorail and LRT stations. Walking distance to tourist office and about 10 minute walk to KLCC. Great sheets — amazing thread count – many guests purchase a set to take home.
What accommodation do you recommend for visitors to KL?